First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Creating Your Own From Scratch
Starting from scratch – what to do?
Considered Linux From Scratch
Explored software for embedded Linux
Discovered the following useful tools:
- Buildroot – create cross compiler environment
- Uses gcc and uClibc (uClibc == micro controller libc)
- stripped down C library intended for embedded devices
- Busybox – Swiss army knife of embedded Linux
- Contains many programs in one executable!
- Static or dynamic executable